SSC exams are a major attraction among government job seekers in India .Ashim Khurana is the present chairman of Staff Selection Commission, who is a former IAS officer. Headquarters of SSC are located at New Delhi.It has seven regional offices all over India and each regional office has its own director or Sub Director.
SSC selects deserving candidates every year through this exam for various departments in government sector. Government is working towards the development of our country which may solve unemployment problem in India. So, It is possible that huge number of vacancies will be available in the coming future. Every year thousands of aspirants get selected through SSC exams and after that they enjoy the fruits of their hardwork.
SSC CGL Vacancies (Group B & Group C)
Every year SSC conducts SSC CGL ( Staff Selection Commission – Combined graduate Level) exam to fill various posts under Group B ( Non- Gazetted) and Group C( Non –Technical) posts in various Government departments. Candidates can select posts of their choice at the time of filling their application . Candidate can apply for a particular post if they fit in the eligibility criteria. Following are the posts that come under this exam:-
- ? Inspectors of income Tax.
- ? Examiner in customs.
- ? Preventive Officers in customs.
- ? Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- ? Assistants in ministries/ departments.
- ? Sub Inspector in central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- ? Accountant / Junior Accountant.
- ? Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBFC.
- ? Compiler in Registrar General of India. Etc.
This Exam is held in 4 Tiers. First two tiers are held in online mode which means candidate may get the nearest location for appearing in these two. A candidate is called for further exams only if he/she clears previous tier. For instance, If a candidate qualifies tier 1 then only he can appear for tier 2. Tier 3 is descriptive paper held in offline mode and tier 4 is skill test or computer proficiency test. With each tier ,your competition level decreases and difficulty level increases.
Eligibilty for this exam depends upon 4 parameters:-
- Nationality:- The Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit:- For different posts there are different limits , which are as follows:-
Post Name & Age Limit
||Required Educational Qualification
Assistant Audit Officer (AAO)
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or
- Management Accountant (CMA) or
- Company Secretary (CS) or
- Masters in Commerce (M.Com) or
- Masters in Business Studies (MBS) or
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) (Finance) or
- Masters in Business Economics (MBE).
||Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics from a recognized University. or
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics with statistics or
- Bachelor Degree in Economics with statistics or
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce with Statistics
Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject.
||All Other Posts
Any Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
There are certain physical fitness standards for some posts like Inspector, Sub Inspector in CBI and sub-inspector in NIA etc.
SSC contact information
During application process , applicants may face certain problems like uploading , site congestion or many other application related queries . SSC has some helpline numbers to help out applicants from these problems and make their task easier. Some of the numbers are given below:
|10 AM TO 1 PM AND 2 PM TO 5 PM FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY
||Subordinate Services Commission (SSC).
|SSC Regional Office